Summer is really here and the heat is making me crazy! It will definitely make me even crazier when I see our electricity bill next month! So, apart from air conditioning, I have to find other creative ways to make myself and the rest of the family cool down a bit especially during these hot afternoons.
My solution: Bring out my ice cream maker and put it to good use!
This De’Longhi Il Gelataio gelato maker is a lifesaver, especially now that we can’t leave the house to go to our favorite coffee shops or milk tea places to buy our favorite cold drinks. As long as you have milk, all purpose cream, and sugar, you can most definitely make your own ice cream in the comforts of your own home easily!
This is how easy and fast it is to make ice cream using this machine. I followed the recipe that my daughter, Isabella, used before. This particular recipe fills half of the stainless steel bowl (see photo of bowl below), so I made another batch using half of the recipe to fill up the entire container.
Let’s quickly make some ice cream using the De’Longhi Il Gelataio
- 370 ml fresh milk
- 140 ml cream
- 90 ml sugar (you can adjust the sweetness level)
Optional: 3 drops Vanilla
- Pour all the ingredients in a clean bowl and mix.
- Transfer the mixture to the De’Longhi Il Gelataio bowl and turn the machine on. Let it churn for about 40 minutes.
- Turn the knob to “Chilling” (or the snowflake icon), open the lid and use a spoon to check the ice cream’s consistency. If you are not yet satisfied with the texture, close the lid and turn it back on for about 25 minutes more.
- When you reach the desired texture, turn off the machine, lift the bowl, and serve.
Since the base I used for my ice cream is plain milk, I can add different flavors like chocolate, strawberry, coffee or add crushed cereals.
Here’s is my delicious coffee ice cream. Proudly homemade!
I also made an Affogato!
Here is the link to the video that I made to show you just how easy and fast it is to use the De’Longhi Il Gelataio. The video is on the last slide.