Whenever I see salmon in the grocery or market, it would always remind me of my daughter Isabella. That’s because of 2 things: She loves salmon. And she always says that she would rather eat seafood over any other kind of meat anytime.
So, I have been stocking up on SeaKing products for quite some time now. What I like about this brand is that their salmon is imported from Alaska. They’re wild and not farmed, so the salmon is healthier to eat. They also come in 3 different cuts: Pink Salmon Steak, Keta Salmon Chunks and Keta Salmon Slab.
After my trip to the supermarket, I decided to make this simple dish that’s easy to cook and eat but packs a punch of nutrients and flavor!
A deliciously quick rice topping dish using SeaKing Keta Salmon Chunks
- 1 pack of SeaKing Keta Salmon Chunks (500g)
- Olive Oil
- 2 cups cooked white rice or brown rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small cabbage, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Roasted Sesame Dressing (optional)
Frying SeaKing Keta Salmon Chunks
- Drizzle a good amount of olive oil in a clean pan and wait until it’s hot.
- While waiting for the right time to cook your salmon chunks, season it with salt and pepper. When your oil is hot enough, fry your SeaKing Keta Salmon Chunks. Wait until you reach the desired cook. Then, transfer on a plate and set aside.
Stir frying the rice
- Using the same pan, saute the garlic and onions until the garlic is golden brown and onions are translucent. Then add in the carrots and cabbage. Cook until the veggies are cooked but not wilted.
- Add in the cooked rice. Mix it thoroughly with the veggies.
- Add in the soy sauce. Make sure to coat the rice with it.
- Get a few pieces of cooked salmon chunks and shred it. Mix it with the rice.
- Season it with additional salt.
- In a bowl, scoop in some of the stir fried rice and place a few salmon chunks on top.
- Serve while hot.
In case you want to try it for yourselves, go ahead and do so. This is one full meal already, complete with carbohydrates, protein, and fiber which you will enjoy for weeknight dinners. And it won’t leave you with a sink overflowing with plates because you only have to use a single pan for cooking and a bowl for serving.
You can’t go wrong a simple, quick, and delicious meal.
SeaKing products are available in leading supermarkets nationwide. For more info, check out https://www.facebook.com/seakingph.