AirAsia, the World’s Best Low Cost Carrier for 10 years running, is expanding further into China with the introduction of its latest direct flights between Manila and Shenzhen starting 1 December 2018.
AirAsia Philippines CEO Dexter Comendador said, “We are delighted to offer new and exciting places to visit this coming Christmas season. Travelers from Manila would be delighted to experience Shenzhen’s modern metropolis and marvel at the world’s largest electric bus fleet, massive malls, contemporary buildings and amusement parks.”
Shenzhen is located in the Pearl River Delta (PRD) metropolitan area and is one of the major economic hubs of China. Known as “China’s Silicon Valley”
Here are some places to visit in Shenzhen:
- Nanshan Park – if you want to reach Nanshan Peak, make sure you are ready to hike 900 steps!
- Ping An Finance Center – world’s 4th tallest skyscraper.
- OCT East – is a major entertainment and resort complex in Shenzhen and dubbed at their Universal Studios.
- Dongmen – for local food and shopping, this is the place.
- Splendid China Folk Village – one of world’s largest scenery parks with over 100 major tourist attractions.
Shenzen is also the home to some of the top startup and tech businesses in the world including the headquarters of popular global companies such as Huawei, BYD and ZTE.
Manila – Shenzhen will be AirAsia’s second direct flight to the southern city that links Hong Kong to mainland China following the launch of Cebu – Shenzhen in April.
To celebrate the announcement, AirAsia is offering all-in promo fares from as low as P1,990* one-way and now available for booking today until 28 October 2018 at airasia.com and valid for travel between 1 December and 30 March 2019.
*Terms and conditions apply, all-in promo fares for BIG members only.