Being the busy bee that I am, I look forward to weekend staycations with #TheDreys every chance I get. And after a string of travels out of the country as well as domestically, our weekend respite at F1 Hotel Manila during the holy week, provided much needed R&R for me. It was made even more fun since some of my other co-members in The KTG and their families were spending their staycation there as well.
Having been to F1 Hotel Manila countless times already and having regularly stayed at the Fort Suite, I was surprised to learn that we were given another room category – City Suite.
It may not be as spacious as the Fort Suite but it has a different lay-out that I also liked.
The City Suite of F1 Hotel Manila – Comfortably compact
Even with a roll away bed setup for our teenage son, there is still enough space in the room to move around.
And the bathroom is roomy, too!
During our stay, we all looked forward to what gastronomical creations F1 Hotel Manila had in store for us during this holy week getaway.
Delightful dishes at F1 Hotel Manila
Chef Decker impressed us yet again with his out-of-the-box dishes which he served during lunch and dinner.
Fish and Squid Churros with Tartare Sauce
Think of it as fish, only better. The combination of fish and squid gives this offering a uniquely delicious flavor profile.
Phyllo-crusted Salmon with Okra frites, Soy and Sesame Sauce
Another hit! Would you believe me if I told you that those brown floss-like shreds on top are actually okra? The okra was julienned and deep fried. If you ask me how it was, it tasted like eggplant! I’m sure you’ll be able to convince non-okra eaters to try it.
This chicken dish was only part of their Lenten Menu but I wish that they would include this as part of their regular offering. This dish showcased a pleasant marriage of Japanese and Mexican flavors that went very well together. Imagine chicken karaage in mango salsa. Yummy, right?! The skin was deep fried to perfection. To die for!
Sweating off the calories in the gym
After pigging out, it is only right that I put in the time to burn those calories. So, I asked my son to join me in the gym for a much needed sweat session. Working out is one of our favorite bonding moments.
‘Twas another weekend well spent with family and good friends.
Take advantage of F1 Hotel Manila’s promo and contest
Check out these amazing promos that F1 Hotel Manila has in store for everybody.
Mother’s Day Selfie Contest
Promo Duration: May 10-20, 2017
- Interested participants must like F1 Hotel Manila’s Facebook and Twitter, Instagram accounts (facebook.com/f1hotelmanila) (Instagram: @f1hotelmanila).
- Visit F1 Hotel Manila and dine in with mom at F All Day Dining, either for lunch or dinner buffet from May 10-20, 2017.
- Be creative as you take your selfie or groupie with mom while dining at F1.
- Upload it on your Facebook and Instagram accounts along with the caption: “Happy Mothers’ Day from F1 Hotel Manila!” and use the hashtags #F1HotelManila #MothersDay #FAllDayDining on your posts. Don’t forget to tag our official accounts on your photos.
- Participants will be judged based on the numbers of likes and shares of the photo, as well as the creativity on how you celebrate Mothers’ Day the F1 way.
- One (1) lucky winner will get an overnight stay in a Fort Suite for a family of four (4) with buffet breakfast and lunch for four (4). Gift Certificate shall be claimed within 2 weeks after the announcement of winner.
- Announcement of winner will be on May 25, 2017 and shall be posted on our official Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts.
- The management reserves the right to disqualify entries that will seem to be fraudulent, derogatory and/or damaging to the interest of the hotel, its management and staff, and its guests.
“FUN”TASTIC Weekend Room Package
32nd Street Bonifacio Global City, Taguig 1634, Philippines / T: (63.2) 928.9888 local 6448 / F: (63.2) 928.1888 / E: [email protected]
Twitter and Instagram: @f1hotelmanila