Who among my readers here love Sweet Style Spaghetti (raise hand)? I, for one, have loved this version which, correct me if I’m wrong, I think Filipinos created. I clearly remember when I was a child that sweet spaghetti would always been a staple in every kid’s birthday celebration. It is perhaps because of this that we have eventually grown to love and become accustomed to this particular spaghetti style.
This sweet style spaghetti version which our moms used to cook for us when we were young brings back lots of wonderful memories. I can still clearly remember my mom and my grandmother’s style of cooking – they would use minced beef, sliced hot dogs, lots of sugar, then top it with loads of grated cheddar cheese. Partner it with toasted bread with butter and — OMG — I would eat it with gusto!
Now that I have a family of my own, I find myself recreating this recipe every now and then. I would sometimes switch between ground pork or beef. Sometimes I’d leave out the hot dogs or at times really go full on with it. It depends on my mood or how my children would want it. Just like the other week, I cooked this Sweet Style Spaghetti when our nanny (who has been with us for 11 years now) celebrated her birthday. As always, my children were the first ones to dig in! LOL.
I’m sure moms out there have cooked this kind of spaghetti some time in their lives. But have you ever tried using an additional ingredient that will give your spaghetti sauce extra flavor? I’m talking about the Knorr Pork Broth Cube. I didn’t realize that using this tiny cube actually makes a huge difference!
Let’s enjoy some Sweet Style Spaghetti with Knorr Pork Broth Cube
Alright! Let me share with you the recipe. It’ll only take 15 minutes to prepare, 40 minutes to cook and will easily serve 4-5 persons. Ready? Let’s begin!
- 400 grams spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pc onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- ½ kg. ground pork, pre-boiled
- 1 pc Knorr Pork Broth Cube
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 500 grams tomato sauce
- 1 canned chunky tomatoes
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup water (or pasta water)
- Salt to taste
1. Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions then drain and set aside.
2. In a clean pan, drizzle olive oil then saute garlic and onions.
3. Add Knorr Pork Broth Cube and let it dissolve. You may add a little water.
5. Add the tomato sauce, paste and chunks of tomatoes to give additional texture. Let it simmer.
6. Season it with salt, pepper & sugar and taste if you have reached your desired flavor. If you find the sauce too thick, you may use a little of the pasta water to dilute it.
7. Serve it with grated cheese. That’s it! You’re done!
So moms, try using Knorr Pork Broth Cubes when making your sweet style spaghetti sauce if you haven’t tried it yet. Then, let me know how it went.