Every Sunday we would normally eat out after hearing mass which would serve as our family bonding time. Yesterday, we all decided to have ramen for dinner and the closest establishment from church was Ramen Daisho located at the Ground Floor of Sunshine Square, Shaw Blvd. Mandaluyong (beside Puregold).
First time at Ramen Daisho
It was actually our first time to try Ramen Daisho even if it was just a stones throw away from our place. I’m not much of a ramen person but my family enjoys it a lot, so off we went.
For drinks, we had soda in can and bottled iced tea. We were all excited to try our orders hoping for a delightful first visit to Ramen Daisho. Unfortunately, our experience in this establishment was anything but delightful.
My daughter told me that her iced tea bottle had a weirdly strange odor. When I held one of the iced tea bottles that was served to us, my stomach immediately churned with disgust because of the strong and unmistakable smell of something I was quite familiar with. I took a closer look of the bottle and noticed black specks of dirt. I immediately grabbed some tissue and wiped the bottle with it. What I saw on the tissue after wiping the bottle were smears of black pasty dirt.The smell of the tissue was absolutely revolting! The dark grayish smears on the tissue were actually COCKROACH POOP! OH MY GOD! COCKROACH FECES!
We checked my husband’s iced tea bottle and it smelled just as bad and also had roach crap!
We immediately rushed to the wash area to clean our hands. We had to wash our hands several times trying to get rid of the sickening smell of roach excrement. When we got back to our table, the disgusting smell was still there even when we soaked our hands with alcohol!
My daughter lost her appetite and did not finish her food. What’s worse… upon informing the server of this terrible incident, not a single apology was uttered. Not even when the stinky bottle was replaced with a new one. You know what else was alarming? The very same server actually set up several bowls on different tables without even washing her hands!
So, before leaving the restaurant, I made sure to call the attention of the manager on duty to inform him of this horrible. As usual, the famous “Thank you for informing us and we are sorry.” line was delivered. Oh, well.
No doubt, Ramen Daiso serves good ramen. But what good is that if sanitation is non-existent at all? Bad storage practice says a lot about how unsanitary their kitchen must be. Imagine how Ramen Daisho must be handling and storing their food. How sickening!
So, if you must eat at Ramen Daisho, please make sure that your pop cans, juice bottles, utensils and everything else are clean! Double check! Your health depends on it! You can get seriously sick from ingesting roach (or rat) fecal matter.
Our first visit to Ramen Daisho is most definitely our last.