I will be making my very own Bistek Omurice with Maggi Magic Sarap to enhance the taste using left over Bistek that is very easy to create. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure this one out! No need to spend outrageously for ingredients because you can use leftovers like chicken, fish or pork… or whatever you still have in your fridge that is still edible and safe to eat. 😉
Omurice or omelet rice is a modern Japanese culinary staple, while Bistek (Beefsteak) on the other hand is a Filipino favorite. So, combining both of them most definitely makes for a delicious breakfast dish which can also be your kid’s school baon.
6 large eggs
1 sachet Maggi Magic Sarap
1 tsp oil
1/4 cup milk for the omelet
Maggi Savor Garlic Liquid seasoning for color (optional)
Left over Bistek, flaked
Procedure – Bistek Rice:
1. Heat up your pan and add oil, butter and minced garlic until golden brown.
2. Add in the flaked Bistek.
3. Add rice and mix it with the flaked Bistek.
4. Pour in Maggi Savor Garlic Liquid seasoning if the Bistek sauce is not enough to coat the rice and to add more flavor. Mix evenly.
5. Season with Maggi Magic Sarap.
6. Using a small bowl, mound the rice on a plate and set aside.
Procedure – Omelet:
1. In a bowl, beat the eggs and Maggi Magic Sarap together.
2. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and slightly tilt the pan to spread the egg mixture. Add milk.
3. Cook the omelet on medium heat until it has set, but still slightly runny.
4. Carefully slide the omelet on top of the rice.
Viola! You now have a moist blanket of egg on top of Bistek rice.
I also made a Tocino Omurice variation that my kids also love!
Don’t forget to check the back of your Maggi Magic Sarap sachets for simple yet delicious recipes.