What you will need:
- (1) 250g. Pampanga’s Best Bacon
- Loaf of bread (edges removed)
- Pre-cut Quickmelt Cheese
- Maple Syrup
Tools for flattening the bread:
- Rolling pin or a clean bottle or a glass (like what I did!)
- Dry chopping board
1. Fry and drain the bacon.
I no longer use oil since I use a non-stick pan for frying.
2. Using a clean and dry chopping board, place 1 loaf at a time and with the use of a rolling pin or a clean bottle or perhaps a glass, flatten the loaf. Repeat procedure ’til all the slices of bread are flattened. For the more “healthy conscious”, you may also use whole wheat bread. 3. Assemble the cheese and bacon on top of the bread and roll it up!
4. On a non stick skillet, heat the butter.
This amount of butter can cook four (4) roll-ups at a time.
5. Fry the roll-ups ’til it turns brown.
The cheese oozes out when you press the bread with a spatula. So, make sure to not over cook it. I am sure you don’t want to eat burnt cheese!
6. When you are done frying, cut the roll-ups diagonally. Place on a clean plate with a few strips of cooked bacon and drizzle with maple syrup!
Ooooh! It’s the perfect union of contrasting flavors: sweet maple syrup and bacon with cheese that’s oh so gooey!!!
My 2 versions:
Cheesy Bacon Roll-Up
Cheesy Bacon Roll-Up in Whole Wheat Bread
Easy to make and my kids loved it! Even my husband and dad-in-law enjoyed eating it! Thanks to my son who saw this recipe online… I just added a little twist by adding bacon and maple syrup.