Christmas season here in the Philippines officially starts in September. As soon as the first day of the “ber” months start rolling in, you can immediately hear Christmas songs anywhere you go and see Christmas decors either on display or being sold already.
In our home, Christmas decorating usually begins on the first week of November, but I plan it out as early as October, not to mention our traditional dinner menu as well. Yup! I really plan ahead of time and ask each member of the household for their suggestions. Since I have 2 teens, spaghetti has somewhat become a main course staple, whether it’s served with red or white sauce. But for this year, I decided to tweak the usual sweet-style Filipino spaghetti by using Christmas ham (instead of minced beef), Queso de bola and my favorite Contadina products.
For some of you who are still thinking of what to prepare or add to your Christmas dinner menu, you might want to try my very own Contadina Holiday Spaghetti which my teens love.
Let’s make my very own Contadina Holiday Spaghetti
- Contadina Olive Oil
- Contadina Spaghetti
- Contadina Formaggio Pasta Sauce
- Christmas Ham, cubed
- Grated Queso de Bola
- 2 cloves garlic slivers
- 4 ripe tomatoes quartered and seeds have been scooped out
- Dried thyme and rosemary
1. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a clean sauce pan, drizzle some olive oil then saute the garlic, but do not brown it. Then add the diced Christmas ham and tomatoes. Mix.
3. Add the tomato sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Season with salt, pepper and a little sugar according to your taste. You may also sprinkle some dried thyme and rosemary and simmer again for a couple of minutes then turn off fire.
5. In a clean bowl, gently toss the noodles and sauce. Make sure to coat the noodles evenly and grate queso de bola on top. My family likes more cheese so I go heavy on it.
Voila! Here is my finished product!
I just love the sweet-salty combination of this Contadina Holiday Spaghetti which comes from the Christmas ham and queso de bola. Add the delightful tanginess from the Contadina tomato sauce and you’ve got yourself a yuletide winner. Yum!
Join my merry Contadina giveaway
Guess what! Because the Christmas spirit is making me feel generous today, I have decided to give away a Contadina Holiday Package to one (1) lucky winner from Metro Manila so you can try out the goodness and quality of Contadina products.
Joining is very easy! Here’s how…
- Share this blog post on your Facebook account.
- Tag the person or people you want to cook the holiday dish for.
- Include the hashtag: #TTTxContadina
- Winners will be chosen at random and winner must be able to pick up the Contadina Holiday Package in Makati.
This contest will run for a week starting today (Dec 16, 2016). Make sure to check back on this post by December 23, 2016 to see who my who my winner is.
Goodluck and Merry Christmas!
UPDATE: WE HAVE A WINNER!
I will message you on how to claim your Contadina Holiday Package.
Thank you to everyone who joined. Watch out for my other giveaways soon. Happy New Year!