When you have two active and growing teens, it’s important that you also prepare healthy and delicious meals to fuel them for the day.
Whenever I run out of food ideas, I simply check what items are available in my pantry and sometimes I use leftover food to create another dish (one must not let leftover food go to waste).
Upon checking my pantry, I saw some canned tuna, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, Filippo Berio Sun Dried Tomato Pesto and Classic Pesto and some burger buns. I immediately thought of making a tuna sandwich but ended up creating some sort of pizza bread. By adding Filippo Berio Sun Dried Tomato Pesto made from Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 40% sun dried tomatoes, it added a delightful tanginess that gave life to the entire creation.
I am sure you’re excited to know how to make this very easy snack. So, let’s!
Let’s make our Filippo Berio Tuna Pesto Pizza Bread
First, check out the ingredients below and see if you have any of those in your pantry. If not, list it down, head to the supermarket and make sure to get the exact items and ingredients listed to ensure the same taste and quality.
- Burger buns (you may use any loaf or bread)
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Classic Pesto
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Tuna in brine, drained
- Butter (not butter substitute or margarine because it’s unhealthy)
1. Mix Filippo Berio Classic Pesto and mayonnaise together. Set aside.
2. Heat pan over low fire (use non-stick pan if you have one). Put a knob of butter then place the burger bun slices.
3. Turn over the slices once golden brown with crispy edges and sprinkle with grated cheese.
4. Flip it over so that the cheese is heated until it melts. Remove from pan.
5. Transfer the loaf slices on a plate then spread the pesto and mayonnaise mixture on each slice.
6. Top it with tuna, Filippo Berio Sun Dried Tomato Pesto and grated cheese.
7. Pop it in the oven toaster until the cheese melts.
8. Slice into bite sizes and serve while warm.
The only thing better than a classic comfort food is cooking it in a totally different way. And by adding the Filippo Berio Sun Dried Tomato Pesto, it allowed me to put a new spin on the dish.
The Filippo Berio Classic Pesto which is made from fresh Italian Ligurian basil and black olives, gives this typical snack a gastronomic makeover that’s sure to delight anyone. You will never look at your classic tuna pizza bread or sandwich the same way again.
Filippo Berio products never disappoint. It does not only enhance the flavor of my dishes but also offers a healthy alternative for meals. There are different possible ways to use these products and for that reason, they have been a staple in my kitchen for the longest time.