Rainy days are here again. And there’s no better way to warm up than to serve a hearty meal for your family because nothing beats the goodness of home cooked meals. Everytime I ask #TheDreys what they would want for lunch especially on a weekend or a rainy day, Sinigang is always top of mind whether it’s pork, shrimp or fish.
Sinigang never fails to comfort the hungry tummies of my family. It’s such a comfort food especially when you eat all together, coupled with fun family stories on the side. Good thing cooking Sinigang is now made easier with the help of my trusted partner – Knorr Sinigang sa Sampaloc with Gabi.
I’m sure most of you know how to cook this Filipino staple already. But for those first-timers in cooking, here is a simple step by step instruction that you could easily follow in order to make your own Knorr Sinigang na Liempo sa Sampaloc with Gabi.
Let’s begin our Knorr Sinigang na Liempo sa Sampaloc with Gabi
- 1 kilo pork belly or pork ribs
- 1 liter water or rice wash
- 1 44g pack Knorr Sinigang na Gabi
- 1 bundle kangkong leaves
- 3 medium taro root (gabi), peeled and halved
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 2 medium red or white onion, quartered
- 2 cups string beans cut in 2” length or knotted
- Eggplant sliced diagonally
- 2 pieces long green chili
- Fish sauce to taste
1. Boil the water in a cooking pot. Once it’s boiling, add the tomatoes and onion. Set the heat to medium and continue to boil for 15 minutes.
*You can add the chili towards the end of your cooking.
5. Add in okra, string beans and eggplant and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Serve with steamed rice.
It’s such a happy feeling to cook for my kids and to see them enjoying the food I prepare. This Knorr Sinigang na Liempo sa Sampaloc with Gabi has protein, veggies and that deliciously comforting hot soup.