Just a few weeks ago, I posted about the Nestle Create with Cream event wherein Chef Rob Pengson created an old dish with a twist – Creamy Chicken Adobo.
Adding Nestle All Purpose Cream to the dish tempers the sourness of the vinegar and gives the sauce a nice thick consistency with a velvety texture but still retaining the umami flavor of the Adobo that we Filipinos love.
One trivia here, my grandmother makes one really mean Adobo and when she cooks it for lunch, I am always in the kitchen waiting for my chance to scoop some sauce from the pan to pour over my leftover rice. The sauce alone is a good enough meal for me — with or without the meat! Adobo has always been a comfort food of mine since I grew up enjoying this dish regularly partnered with a ripe banana. I just love the mix of sweet-salty flavors that make for a perfect bite in every spoonful. Just the thought of it right now already makes me want to eat Adobo! Good thing my freezer and pantry are stocked with essentials for me to be able to cook a Creamy Pork Adobo! I am so happy!
Let’s start to create with cream and whip up my Creamy Pork Adobo with Nestle
1 kilo pork cut into pieces
⅓ cup vinegar (if you are not using balsamic vinegar)
¼ MAGGI Soy sauce (I used Balsamic Vinegar instead)
¼ cup water
1 sachet 8g MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
¼ cup crushed garlic
2 bay leaves
½ cup Nestle
½ cup oil
1 pack Nestle All Purpose cream 250ml
1. Boil vinegar (if you are not using balsamic vinegar), MAGGI Soy sauce or balsamic vinegar, water, Maggi Magic Sarap, garlic, peppercorns and bay leaves. Let it boil.
2. Add in pork and let it boil again (uncovered) until tender.
4. Using the same pan (just wipe off remaining residue), heat oil then pan-fry the same pork pieces until golden brown. Once done, drain oil on paper towels.
5. Pour in the sauce that was set aside earlier into the same pan and simmer until sauce is almost dry.
6. Lastly, add in NESTLÉ All Purpose Cream and whisk.
Isn’t this just mouthwatering? I encourage you to Create with Cream yourselves! Try making this delicious dish and drop me a line. Let me know how it went for you.