I admittedly am obsessed with a lot of things and that includes creating home cooked meals for my family. I don’t know… I just love cooking for them even if I am really tired or busy. I guess it’s because I love seeing their happy faces whenever they learn that I’m whipping up a storm in the kitchen, preparing something special for them.
But, of course, I make sure that the kinds of food I prepare have to be healthy, nutritious and fresh.
That being said, I’ve always been curious about Purefoods Sexy Chix which comes in different variants. What better way to satisfy one’s curiousness than by trying it out, wouldn’t you agree? So, I decided to make a new dish using Purefoods Sexy Chix. I recreated my old Burrito recipe and turned it into something healthier. Instead of white rice, I opted to go with brown rice and instead of beef, I used Sexy Chix in Guiltless Broth. This recipe is just perfect for this summer (or any season for that matter).
I can just imagine the cute look on my family’s faces when I serve them this fun and very healthy dish. Let’s get right to it, shall we?
How to make my very own Healthy Chicken Burrito using Purefoods Sexy Chix in Guiltless Broth
- 2 cans Purefoods Sexy Chix in Guiltless Broth, drained
- Spanish Paprika
- 2 cups cooked Brown rice
- Pre-boiled black kidney beans
- 1 can Corn kernels, drained
- Lettuce, shredded
- Tomatoes, julienned
- Onions, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Sour Cream
1. In a skillet, heat oil and saute garlic until golden brown then add in half of the onions until translucent.
2. Mix in Purefoods Sexy Chix in Guiltless Broth. Add in 2 cups brown rice. Mix again. Stir in beans and corn. Mix thoroughly.
3. Season with salt, pepper and Spanish paprika. Squeeze some lime then set aside to cool.
4. Meanwhile, in a clean pan, heat tortillas on both sides.
1. Place the tortillas on a flat surface or on a pre-cut foil, spoon some brown rice mixture with cooked Purefoods Sexy Chix and place at the center of the tortilla, add some lettuce, tomatoes, onions and squeeze some lime if you like. Pour some sour cream then top with grated cheese. You may sprinkle more Spanish Paprika if you so desire.
2. Fold bottom of tortilla about an inch over filling then fold sides in an overlapping manner to enclose filling. Gently roll up the Chicken Burrito tightly with the foil. Cut the Chicken Burrito in half and serve.
This is just the perfect mid-week snack partnered with a drink of your choice. I prepared a refreshing Four Seasons drink to beat the summer heat!
SMPC products have stood the test of time providing quality chicken that my family has grown to love and have been accustomed to using regularly. And though times have changed with a shift to a fast paced lifestyle, SMPC has still kept up with the times and the changing needs of consumers. I am very happy for food products that are so simple to prepare just like Sexy Chix which contains Magnolia chicken breast chunks in “guiltless” broth. You can eat it as is or use it to create fun dishes just like what I did. It’s even convenient to bring along wherever you go. But more than anything, it gives me peace of mind to know that with Magnolia products, you are assured of healthy food that is masarap, masustansya at kayang-kaya sa bulsa!
Happy cooking and eating!