Chicken is a common staple in every Filipino household because of its versatility and affordability. Even the simplest chicken recipe, when served, gets everyone excited. There’s just something about chicken that makes it so likable to anyone, wouldn’t you agree?
So, I decided to create a simple and easy yet very tasty chicken recipe using Magnolia Chicken Wings. It’s called, Garlic Butter Chicken Wings. No frills, just honest to goodness comfort food that my family, especially my kids, love. I paired this dish with sauteed Buttered French Beans and steamed rice. The result… a family that just can’t help but say, “Winner, winner, chicken dinner!” 😉
So let’s cut to the chase and start cooking Garlic Butter Chicken Wings!
How to make Garlic Butter Chicken Wings
- 1 kilo Magnolia Chicken Wings, drumettes and flats separated
- Calamansi juice (about 10 pcs)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Cooking oil
- 20 garlic cloves, minced
- Butter stick
- Resealable Bag
1. Clean your Magnolia Chicken Wings under running water and drain. You can also pat dry with a kitchen towel to remove excess water.
3. Take your resealable bag and transfer the marinated chicken wings and add in the flour. Seal tightly and shake it with all your might to make sure every wing is coated.
4. For frying, I used the same pan that I used when I cooked the garlic butter sauce. Just add enough cooking oil to coat the wings when frying.
Make sure to turn the wings occasionally until cooked through and crust is golden brown and crisp. Drain excess oil in kitchen towel.
5. Plate the chicken wings and pour the garlic butter sauce on top. Serve immediately. You may add fresh greens or pasta on the side or whatever you fancy.
1. In a pan, pour in a little oil then melt a stick of butter.
2. Add in the remaining minced garlic and cook until golden brown or until you have reached your desired color. Set aside or pour on top of the cooked chicken wings when you are about to serve.
Pretty simple, right? If I can do it, I am sure you can, too! So, go ahead and try this Garlic Butter Chicken Wings recipe for yourselves and surprise your family and friends.
Always keep in mind, though, that for any dish to come out perfect, it always has to start out with the best ingredients. At home, I make sure my pantry is stocked with only the freshest items — that most definitely includes Magnolia chicken wings. Whether it’s freshly bought from the supermarket/wet market or kept frozen for several days, I know that I can still get to enjoy the same fresh quality chicken that I have grown to love.
Likewise, I only use and serve the best for my family. That’s why my mantra has always been to serve my family home-cooked meals that are masarap, masustansya at kayang-kaya sa bulsa!