One of my daily dilemmas is to think of what kind of breakfast to prepare for my family each and every day. It has to be filling, nutritious, delicious and enticing to eat. You see, people in #TheDreys household are heavy egg eaters. So, yesterday morning, upon checking my fridge, I found some cauliflower, butter, cream and of course eggs. My pantry has canned mushroom, too. At first, I thought of making a veggie omelet. But, I found it too simple! Instead, I came up with a Mushroom and Cauli Frittata! A really loaded one.
Mushroom and Cauli Frittata is a very simple recipe that even kids can make. You can even use leftover ingredients like chicken, ham, sausage or whatever you have. You can even throw in some bell peppers, cheese, corn and whatever you fancy.
It’s easy to make a Mushroom and Cauli Frittata!
Here are the ingredients and how to make the dish. Let’s start cooking!
Minced 1 clove of garlic
Minced 1 onion
1/2 cup cream
Sliced button mushrooms
1. Beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Heat a small pan with oil and butter.
3. Saute garlic and onions. Add in mushrooms and cauliflower. Season with a little salt, pepper and Spanish paprika.
4. Put the mixture in the beaten eggs and mix.
5. Using the same pan, add a little oil and pour the egg mixture.
6. Cook until the egg mixture has set on the bottom and begins to set up on top.
7. Place pan into oven and broil for 3 to 4 minutes until lightly brown.
See! It’s super easy to make Mushroom and Cauli Frittata! You may also serve this as your afternoon snack or whatever time you feel like having it. It’s a really great and very healthy choice of food that your family and friends will enjoy.
Watch out for more healthy and delicious alternatives soon.
Happy cooking and eating!