As I was checking my pantry, I saw a box of tortilla chips, can of corn kernel, cayenne and paprika powder. When I opened my freezer there was a kilo of ground beef. When I checked my fridge, there were beans and parsley. Aha! Looks like my hubby and kids will be going Mexican for our afternoon snack!
I knew that my ingredients weren’t enough to create a true “Nacho Overload” since I don’t have cheese, jalapeños and the other needed ingredients for it. I didn’t even have enough to make a decent quesadilla or some tacos. So, I did what I usually do best… Invent a dish!
And so, with whatever ingredients I readily had on hand, I decided to call my snack, Nacho Loco!
If you want to create this dish and serve it to your family or friends, just follow the easy steps below.
How to make Nacho Loco
- 1 kilo ground beef
- 1 can corn kernel
- 1 box corn tortilla chips
- Minced onions
- 1 tbsp. Lime juice
- Cayenne Powder
- Paprika Powder
- Dried Thyme
- Dried Oregano
- Chopped Parsley
- Rinse beans under cold running water. Bring to a boil until it gets soft but not mushy. Set aside when done.
- In a pan, pour oil and saute onions until translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook. Season with salt and pepper. Add a little cayenne and paprika for some heat. Throw in some thyme and oregano. Add the drained corn kernels followed by the beans then the lime juice. Cook until it dries up. Turn off heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and place the corn tortilla chips around the bowl
You may add more cayenne, paprika, thyme and oregano depending on your preference. I like mine with added kick that’s why I added some more.
Nacho Loco is a quick and filling snack using whatever’s available in your kitchen. No need to spend just to make a delicious snack for you and your family to enjoy.
Happy cooking and eating!