Pronouncing the name of this dish – Stroganoff or Stroganov – immediately tells you that this type of food has Russian written all over it. And normally, when Russian comes to mind, there’s one word which I think closely associates itself with it – “strong”.
True enough, the original Beef Stroganoff recipe has sour cream and mustard, making the taste tangy and sharp. But in all honesty, I love the tartness and sharpness of this dish’s flavors. And knowing me, I will try and recreate this recipe according to my family’s taste.
Allow me to show you my version of Beef Stroganoff that has been loved by #TheDreys ever since I first made it. My Beef Stroganoff is creamy, rich and not too pungent. Anyone can easily make this, I promise!
Let’s make Beef Stroganoff
- 1 kilo Beef Sirloin with fat
- 1 can button mushroom
- 1 pack all purpose cream
- Julienned red and green bell peppers
- Minced garlic
- Red onions
- Olive Oil
- Soy sauce
- Boil your beef sirloin first until tender. Once soft, slice into strips and set aside.
- In a clean pan, saute garlic, onions and mushroom in olive oil.
- Add the sliced beef sirloin and mix.
- Season with soy sauce, salt and pepper. Mix. Since taste varies, I will leave the amount of seasoning up to you. Cover and simmer.
- After it has been simmered, add 1 pack of all purpose cream and mix thoroughly.
- This time, you may add water little by little depending on how thick you want your sauce to be.
- Since I always want to incorporate veggies in our meals, I added julienned red and green bell peppers. It gives color and additional flavor.
- Cover your pan and let it simmer until the bell peppers are cooked.
- Serve with steamed rice, pasta or buttered toasted baguette.
This is one whole meal that you can serve to your family and friends. Perfect for potluck dinners, too! Just make sure to get the nicest quality of beef. Happy cooking and eating!