Calling all drinkers and non-drinkers alike! The Quest For A Legend is now on!
The King of Cognac in all its glory. What a sight to behold!
Louis XIII de Rémy Martin is celebrating its 140th anniversary thru a worldwide search for the rarest Louis XIII decanter in existence in Singapore, Malaysia, India and course the Philippines. The search will eventually be extended to other parts of the world.
Established In 1724, the House of Rémy Martin is proud to present its finest cognac, LOUIS XIII. An exceptional blend of 1,200 eaux-de-vie from Grand Champagne, aged from 40 up to 100 years through four generations of Cellar Masters, LOUIS XIII was crafted in 1874 by the House of Rémy Martin. For centuries, LOUIS XIII has been an ambassador of the French art-de-vivre ever since. Decades of travels and encounters have made LOUIS XIII a faithful witness of landmarks and luminaries across history.
I was taught to drink brandy at a young age of 13 by my grandfather. I can’t say I’m an expert when it comes to hard drinks, but it most certainly made my palate more discerning. And sampling a glass of Louis XIII de Rémy Martin’s was the highlight of my night! Carefully poured in a Cristophe Pillet glass specially made and designed for Louis XIII.
As I took a whiff of its fine scent, I was enthralled by the aroma’s complexity consisting of spice, nuts, plum and even the smell of leather. Think of it as a very aged fruitcake. The smoky and earthy flavors that beautifully linger on the palate is unquestionably exquisite. The elegant deep amber hue makes this luxurious cognac all the more charming.
A chance to spend the night sipping Louis XIII, enjoying a well-curated menu from The Tasting Room at City Of Dreams Manila with the company of good friends and meeting 2 important people was truly one for the books!
Marie-Amélie Jacquet is the 4th generation of the owning family of the House of Rémy Martin. She is also the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager, Global Trade Retail Division Rémy Cointreau and Christophe Bourrie who is the Regional Director (SEA, India and Middle East) of Louis XIII.
So go ahead and search for that rarest Louis XIII de Rémy Martin decanter! Who knows… that decanter might just bring you to the Rémy Martin Estate in Cognac flying via business class! Exciting? Of course!
Join the Quest for a Legend
1. Contest entry period is between 3 February 2015 to 31 March 2015.
2. To enter the competition, participants must send photos of their UNOPENED LOUIS XIII bottle via SMS Text, Whatsapp or to the local Remy Martin office. Entries can also be submitted online at www.louisxiii-cognac.com/questforalegend.
3. Participants need to provide their full name, age, ID, contact information, nationality and details on how they obtained the bottle of LOUIS XIII.
4. Participants can submit more than one bottle.
5. The LOUIS XIII Team will follow up with each submission individually.
6. The winner will be chosen by an expert committee who will assess each bottle with a set criteria.
7. Remy Cointreau International (RCI) reserves the right to make the final decision.
TERMS and CONDITIONS
1. Must be the legal owner of the bottle.
2. Must be citizens or residents of the participating countries in SEAMI (Singapore, Malaysia, India and Philippines).
3. Must be 18 years and above, 25 years of age in India.
4. Must agree to absolve LOUIS XIII/RCI from any liability with regard to handling of the entry bottle.
The bottle must be unopened, with at least 50% of original liquid (this will be verified by RCI and the House of Remy Martin).
The prize is a trip to the Remy Martin Estate in Cognac, France which includes:
Two return Business Class air tickets.
Two First Class return train tickets between Paris and Angouleme.
Car pick-up transfer to the Estate.
A hosted lunch at the Estate.
Guided Tour of the Estate grounds, cellars and distillery.
A tasting of LOUIS XIII and Dinner.
One night’s accommodation in Cognac.
Full terms and conditions will be made available at a later date. The Quest will also be online with exclusive video content which can be viewed on http://www.louisxiii-cognac.com/agegate and will be supported by the hashtag #QuestForALegend and #LOUISXIII.
During the launch of the Quest For A Legend, a Louis XIII Rare Cask 42,6 was also displayed.
The second edition of the Rare Cask Collection in black Baccarat decanter. Limited to 738 decanters worldwide.