I am most certain you gained a couple of pounds over the Christmas season. And I am quite sure that many of you are now planning to shed off that excess weight.
There are a few very simply yet effective ways to do that. Like, how, you ask? For one thing, watching what you eat and using the right cooking oil is a sure fire way!
And while we’re in the topic of choosing the right cooking oil… Did you know that Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil, Better for the Heart, Better for the Budget, is the heart-healthy, versatile, and value for money cooking oil? Canola Oil is one of the healthiest cooking oils because of its LOW saturated fat (BAD FAT) and high monounsaturated fat (GOOD FAT) content. Jolly Canola Oil has omega 3 and 6 which are good for the heart. It has a pale golden color, light texture, and neutral taste so you can use it for any dish. It also has a high smoking point which makes it ideal for frying.
Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil in Basta Everyday Happy
Recently, Basta Everyday Happy over GMA-7 hosted by Donita Rose, showcased heart-healthy recipes using Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil throughout the month of December.
Eight episodes featured Filipino-favorites such as Beef Stew, Crispy Calamari, and one of Donita’s personal favorites “in the whole wide world” as she shares on Instagram, Crispy Binagoongan. She tells of her Beef Kaldereta version, “Pinoy ang lasa pero mas bongga! This is my better beefier Caldereta made healthier with Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil!” Other healthy everyday recipes included Wholesome Chicken, Paella, and this Heart-Healthy Salmon recipe.
For the Salmon:
- 2 center-cut salmon fillets (6 oz. each)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilanto
- 2 Tbsp Jolly Canola oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Salsa:
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 pcs medium tomatoes
- 2 firm-ripe avocados
- 1 pc rip mango
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, or to taste
- Place the salmon fillets in a shallow bowl. Toss well with lemon juice, cilantro, Jolly Canola oil, and pepper. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Cook the salmon, skinside down in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, shaking the pan and carefully lifting the salmon with a spatula to loosen it from the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Cover the pan and cook until the salmon is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes more. The skin should be crisp and the flesh medium rare.
- To make the salsa: Finely chop onion and mince garlic. In a bowl toss onion and garlic with cilantro.
- Chop tomatoes and mango, add to onion mixture, tossing to combine.
- Peel and pit avocados and cut into 3/4-inch pieces. Add avocados, lime juice, and pepper to taste. Spoon over cooked Salmon.
Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil in Sarap Diva
Catch Sarap Diva with Regine Velasquez-Alcasid on January 17 and 24 at 9:40 a.m. to 10:25 a.m. as she dishes out two, exciting dishes: Pamplina, a Spanish-influenced soup dish, and tasty Pork Steak with Mushroom Bits.
PORK STEAK WITH MUSHROOM BITS
- 1 kg pork steak, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp ground paprika
- 2 tbsps Jolly Canola Oil
- 2-3 tbsps chopped garlic
- 2 cans Jolly Button Mushroom Whole, cut in half
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tbsps butter
- garnish with some toasted garlic and chopped parsley
- Season pork steak in soy sauce, salt and pepper, set aside.
- Preheat a pan with some Jolly Canola Oil and cook the pork cubes until slightly brown in color.
- Remove from pan. Toss in the chopped garlic and Jolly Button Mushrooms. Saute then season with some salt, pepper and ground paprika.
- Deglaze with the red wine then simmer until sauce is slightly thick.
- Mix in the cooked pork and cold butter.
- Transfer to a plate then garnish with some toasted garlic and chopped parsley.
Now that everyone is trying to get back in shape after the holidays, the easiest way to start is to be mindful of how daily dishes are prepared. Start the year right by using Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil – “Better for the Heart, and Better for the Budget!”
Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil is exclusively distributed by Fly Ace Corporation. It is available in all major supermarkets nationwide. Learn more about Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil at www.flyacecorp.com.
Fly Ace Corporation has other products too that you can use in your cooking. Check it out below.
Fly Ace Corporation is one of the leading food and beverage consumer goods companies in the country today.
Propelling limitless multiple-category growth by bringing the best of the world closer to Filipino homes, Fly Ace
Corporation’s portfolio of food and beverage products includes house brands and exclusively distributed brands.
Learn more at http://www.flyacecorp.com