Mashed Potatoes have always been a comforting dish for me since childhood. I love both kinds – chunky, because I enjoy eating bits of potatoes, and the creamy and buttery type. Ah, yes!
Now that I’m a mom and really hands on in the kitchen, I make it a point to make Creamy Mashed Potatoes for my family. They always look forward to it and can finish a big bowl in one sitting.
When I posted a photo of my very own Creamy Mashed Potatoes on all my Social Media accounts, there were several friends who requested for the recipe. So, here it is!
My Creamy Mashed Potatoes recipe
- 1 kilo peeled potatoes
- 1/2 tetra pack cream
- Half can evaporated milk
- Black Pepper
- Parsley (optional)
- Bring the peeled potatoes to a boil. The softer the better so you can easily mash it.
- While you are boiling the potatoes, on a separate pan, melt 3 tbsp. butter and add the cream. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes are mashed, add the butter and cream mixture and pour over the potatoes. Mix.
- Add in evaported milk little by little until you reach your desired consistency.
- Once you reach the desired consistency, season it with salt and pepper. You may also use white pepper.
- Transfer to a clean bowl and flatten it. To “prettify” your plain looking mashed potatoes, carve crisscross designs using a fork.
- Add thin and small butter cubes on top until it melts.
- Garnish with chopped parsley before serving if you wish.
- Serve while still warm.
*You can also make a mushroom gravy and pour it on top! Yum!
Try it out and let me know how your own Creamy Mashed Potatoes went!